Thursday, September 11, 2008

Organic and Environmental freiendly clothing

As we start to recognize the destruction we have caused on the planet thus far, we as Americans have begun to go green.
As I was walking in downtown Asheville I came across an clothing store with organic clothes. In this process they grow cotton without the harmful pesticides, herbicides, or any other fertilizer that could be harmful. As I walked around the store all the clothes I felt were more soft than my regular clothes. I was very surprised by this. I also love how the clothes were made with organic cotton. Although I myself have never come across a very bad reaction to clothing I do have very sensitive skin so knowing that organic clothing assures me that my skin will not break out by wearing it is a great feeling. Also as I walked through the store I noticed how they are trying to make the organic clothes very up to date on the latest trends. This is a great way to improve the popularity of organic clothing. If I saw the same cute shirt one being organic cotton and the other being regular cotton and the organic cotton I would choose the organic cotton.
However two things I noticed that i did not like were the color of the clothes seemed off, they were not as bright as they could be and the second thing I noticed were the outrageous prices. I think it is a great idea to have organic and environmental friendly clothing I just wish it was not so expensive. In my opinion getting more people to buy organic clothing has a lot to do with price. I know that is the reason why I dont own any organic clothing is because of the high prices. Although I do understand the whole supply and demand reasoning behind the high prices. Once the word get put out more about the organic clothing and more people start buying organic clothing the more the price will go down. I think that is another thing we can start doing is spread the word more. This way we are helping to prevent toxic fibers being grown and the price of the good fibers will go down.

No comments: